Tuesday 19 May 2009

It never rains but it pours...

Now that I am 25 I am entitled to drive minibuses (though not for financial gain mind!), I had to collect one in Newtownards on Friday. I didn't want to leave my car there overnight, so thought why not cycle it!

The road was dry as I set out from home, and it was only when I reached Ballyhackamore that the rain started to fall lightly upon my face. By the time I reached the Knock carriageway, it was hammering down and I was beginning to have flashbacks of almost every cycle I have gone on in recent weeks! I pushed on though and managed to make it to Scrabo. As I arrived in to the car park it struck me that there was no bus in sight, and my good friend Glen Johnston was looking rather embarrassed. Glen had forgotten to inform me the bus had broken down and was over in Bangor. Not only had I wasted my morning, Glen also walked into the toilets as I was standing in my lycra bib shorts trying to dry myself, and has taken to calling me Borat.

So following that horrible experience on Friday, I chose not to do any cycling until last night, where I clocked up 13 miles. Thanks to Nixo for providing the Galwally rest stop and for not calling me Borat!

No comments: