Thursday 11 June 2009

Twas the night before...

...the longest weekend of my life!

So I have only hours to go before I begin the long journey down to County Cork, and begin the even longer journey to Malin Head on Saturday. I will try to keep you all posted on my progress, but can we all please remember that it is in the taking part where the satisfaction lies, and there is no shame in failure!

Seriously though, I want to thank everyone who has supported me (and I'm doing it now before the trip, should something untoward happen to me and I can't later!), whether it was with donations, advice or equipment, it's been fantastic. We've raised alot of money for a great cause, so thank you all on behalf of the people who will benefit from it.

Whatever you're up to this weekend, enjoy it! If you see a cyclist on the road, pause and think about me, even fire a wee prayer heavenward if you're inclined!

Talk soon,

Dave

No comments: