Thursday 18 June 2009

The Big Cycle is over

So everyone, I have cycled the length of Ireland.6 days away from home.
c.27 hours on a saddle.
c.400 miles covered.
1 Hybrid bike.
6 full Irish Breakfasts.
7 Gel packs.
1 pulled knee ligament.
2 fingers with nerve damage.
10 Carbmix Powerbars.
4 Protein shakes.
Too many litres of water to count.
2 burnt thighs.

I want to thank everyone who supported me in this, and for those who gave money. We have raised over £1,600 which is just amazing.

Thanks to Nick, Trevor, Ed and Peter for their cycling advice and a couple of items of kit.

Thanks to Uncle John for the use of the bike these past two months.

There's plenty of stories, but I won't bore you all with them just yet! Sorry I couldn't get online more often to update you as I went!

Again, sincere thanks to all of you.

God bless,

Dave

P.S. You can still donate money by going to
http://www.justgiving.com/mizen2malin
or when you see me in person.

No comments: