Monday 8 February 2010

One week later...

Last Tuesday I wrote that update between tasks over at church. We were having a large clearout due to ongoing refurbishment work, and I was finishing off carrying chairs and tables to new locations. By the end of the day my back was beginning to feel funny, but thought nothing of it. Got home and got changed, warmed up and went out for my run as planned, however this well intentioned evening was about to take a turn for the worse, when the pain levels in my back began to skyrocket!

After running for a mile (and now being a mile from home) I was doubled over, and struggling to breathe. I jogged / walked / crawled my way home (1st mile took less than 10 minutes, same mile home took 20) and collapsed on to a sofa at home. Following a couple of days off work, a doctors visit, large quanities of painkillers, a sympathetic wife, and no heavy lifting, I'm feeling a lot better, and intending to hit the tarmac again for some knee punishment.

On another note, I'm hopefully going to have a Just Giving page set up within the next two weeks, so the donations can start coming in!

No comments: